Making History – Junior Cycle History – Set
2 book set – Textbook and Skills Book
Written by market-leading History author, Dermot Lucey, whose name is synonymous with History education in Ireland, Making History provides everything you need for Junior Cycle History.
- Specification Learning Outcomes are broken into clear, achievable Learning Intentions
- The Nature of History strand is introduced and then reinforced in each chapter through skills-based activities and the frequent use of sources
- Integrates recommended Junior Cycle teaching strategies, such as Think–Pair–Share, Hot Seat and Venn Diagrams
- Analysing Sources sections encourage students to investigate intriguing historical questions and to hone the skills of the historian
- The order of the chapters and the pictorial timelines at the start of each promote chronological awareness and help students acquire the ‘big picture’
- The frequent use of questions in headings promotes exploratory learning, encourages lively classroom debate and develops historical consciousness
- Assessment features include:
– Suggested CBAs for each topic
– Focus Tasks for group work and research
– Activities that encourage historical empathy
– Range of questions on a vast array of primary and secondary sources
The Making History package includes:
- Making History Skills Book – Included FREE with the textbook: Written by Stacy Stout with Dermot Lucey, this book includes skills-based activities, and reflection and revision exercises
- Making History Teacher’s Resource Book with detailed schemes of work and How to’ guides for incorporating technology and active teaching methods
- A suite of digital resources including curriculum-focused videos, PowerPoints and quizzes, all available on GillExplore.ie
Free eBook of the textbook with embedded videos, weblinks and quizzes.
See inside front cover for details.