Winning Formula is a comprehensive textbook for Leaving Certificate Physical Education, written in line with the new specification, official SEC examinations, marking schemes and examiner’s report.
- Exam-focused content is closely aligned to the Learning Outcomes and includes sample answers, key definitions, case studies, exam tips and short- and long-answer questions
- A student-friendly approach with text broken into manageable chunks, bullet lists, tables, lots of strong visuals and chapter summaries
- Integrated style, with links to the Physical Activity Project (PAP) and Performance Assessment (PA) throughout Strand 1, assists students in making the relevant connections and saves valuable class time!
- QR codes link to test procedure videos, animated diagrams and animations
The Winning Formula Project and Assessment Book is the perfect complement to the Winning Formula textbook, with clear assessment guidance and extra revision questions.
Part 1: My Physical Activity Project (PAP) Journey
- Guidelines and templated activities linked to the content of the textbook lead students through the required preparation for the PAP
- Some templates/assessments have a digital equivalent that are available using QR codes
Part 2: Assessment for Learning
- Extra questions with relevant action verbs for revising topics and refining exam technique
- Particularly useful for Ordinary Level students
The Winning Formula package includes:
- A FREE Project and Assessment Book, comprising:
o My PAP Journey with guidelines and templates that take students through the required preparation for the PAP (QR codes link to interactive assessments and templates)
o Assessment for Learning with extra questions for consolidation and revision