Beliefs in Our World provides everything you need for Junior Cycle Religious Education. Written by a highly experienced author team, it provides the perfect balance of engaging content and skills-based active learning.
- Inclusive of all faiths and none, it facilitates students’ exploration of the five major world religions and non-religious worldviews, with lots of choice offered through option chapters.
- Suitable for exam and non-exam classes, it allows students to reflect on their own beliefs and values, and to explore the ’big questions’ in life.
- Students investigate how religion has shaped and impacted the world around them, particularly Irish culture and heritage.
- At the beginning of each chapter, Learning Outcomes are broken into clear, achievable Learning Intentions and students are encouraged to activate prior learning.
- Every chapter includes eight Key Skill activities that integrate active teaching strategies such as Think–Pair–Share, Dotmocracy and Ranking Ladders.
- Tech Time activities develop students’ digital literacy.
- Assessment features include Question Time to check understanding, End of Chapter Projects to promote student-led learning, and Unit Reviews to encourage self-reflection.
- Guidance is provided on how to approach the Classroom-Based Assessments.
The Beliefs in Our World package includes:
- Beliefs in Our World Skills Book: Contains a wide variety of activities that reinforce and enhance the textbook learning.
- Beliefs in Our World Teacher’s Resource Book: Provides detailed Schemes of Work, Unit of Learning plans and a wealth of additional resources.
- A suite of digital resources including PowerPoints, extra option chapters, quizzes and videos.
Free eBook of the textbook: See inside front cover for details. Adopting teachers also get access to free eBooks of the Skills Book and Teacher’s Resource Book. Gill Education eBooks are accessible both online and offline.
THE BELIEFS IN OUR WORLD AUTHOR TEAM
GARY CARLEY is a Religious Education teacher at Carrigaline Community School, Cork. He has taught Religious Education as an exam and non-exam subject at both Junior and Senior Cycle. He was previously an advisor for the PDST and an advising examiner of Religious Education for the SEC. Gary has also been a teacher trainer at Maynooth University.
PAULA FINNEGAN is a Religious Education teacher at Coláiste Bríde, Dublin, and a JCT Associate delivering in-service training on the new Junior Cycle Religious Education course. She has taught Religious Education as an exam and non-exam subject at both Junior and Senior Cycle and she also trains teachers at Maynooth University. She was previously a local facilitator for the PDST and chief advising examiner of Religious Education for the SEC.
This product (9780717184453 – Pack) comprises of a set of 2 items –
- 9780717184460 – Textbook
- Skills Book